Fullerton Police Logo

Request Police Report

Request A Police Report

The Fullerton Police Department's Records Bureau is responsible for receiving, maintaining and archiving police records in compliance with department policies, city policies and state law.

  • Request a copy of a police report online

  • Requests can also be made via US Postal Mail by submitting a notarized written request and a check/money order in the amount of $15.00.

    Mail the request to:
    Fullerton Police Department
    Attention: Records Bureau
    237 W. Commonwealth Ave.
    Fullerton, CA 92832

  • Report Request Form

  • All report requests must be reviewed for eligibility for release and may take up to 10 business days to process. Certain reports may not be available for release because the investigation is still ongoing, or because release of the report is restricted by law. Additionally, certain reports must be redacted (have protected information removed) or have approval by the investigating Detective before they can be released. 

    You may request a copy of a report if you are:

    • A victim of a crime
    • Authorized representative of the victim of a crime (with a signed waiver)
    • The insurance carrier against whom a claim has been made or may be made
    • Any person who suffered bodily injury or property damage as a result of an incident, including a traffic collision

    What if I was arrested?

    If you have been arrested and have not appeared in court, the Records Bureau will not release the report.  The court or prosecution will discuss options for obtaining the report at your arraignment.  If the case has been closed with Court, you are entitled to receive a copy however the report may contain redactions (have protected information removed).

    What if a report involved a juvenile (under 18 years of age)?

    Juvenile information includes any document relating to juvenile contacts and arrests, including being a victim of any crime.  The Superior Court of Orange County Juvenile court limits access to juvenile court records in accordance with the California Rule of Court 5.552, and Welfare & Institutions Code Section 827 provides Juvenile Court.  Release of juvenile information requires the authorization of the Presiding Judge of the Juvenile Court.

    Parents of a juvenile may receive a copy of certain types of reports (i.e. traffic collision reports).  Availability of these records is restricted to court personnel, the minor, parents or guardian, attorneys involved in the case, and other persons designated by statute.  All others will need to petition Juvenile Court directly for the release of that record.  The Records Bureau has the necessary form to submit to the Superior Court of Orange County Juvenile court.  You may visit the Orange County Juvenile Court in person or via the web at: http://www.occourts.org/directory/juvenile/records-copy-requests.html

    How do I request public records other than a police report?

    In accordance with the California Public Records Act (California Government Code § 6250 et.seq.), public records may be requested for inspection. Any person may request to inspect and/or copy a public record, excluding records exempt from disclosure by law. You may submit a public records request via: City of Fullerton - Forms