The Permit Technician is responsible for issuing Police Department permits for the below list: (All permits are valid for one year, except Massage permits which are valid for two years)
- Massage Technicians/Owners
- Escort Business/Employees
- Live entertainment
- Poolrooms and Amusements
- Firearms Dealers/Sellers
- Public Dances
Massage Permit Information
To be eligible to apply for a massage technician permit, you must:
- Be State Certified through California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC). The certificate will be verified. You are then subject to a business registration fee in most cases.
- OR have a minimum of 500 hours at a State – Certified School and be Nationally Certified.
- Bring originals so that copies will be made for your application file.
- Pass a Fullerton Municipal Code and First Aid/CPR test with a minimum of 70% score.
- Have secured a place of employment prior to applying for the permit.
- The Municipal Code is available to study on-line OR you may purchase a copy in the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall.
To open a new massage business, you must first check with the Planning office (714)738-5311. There are numerous City Codes applicable to this type of business. Please check the Municipal Code on the website. Before you are allowed to open, you must be approved by the Zoning and Building Departments AND inspected by the