For Crimes in Progress or If Your Life is in Danger, immediately call 911.
- Submit an Anonymous Tip to the Fullerton Police Department
- For suspicious circumstances or crimes that occurred when you were not present and the suspects are already gone, please call (714) 738-6800 or (714) 738-6715.
- If you are wishing to file a Police Report, you can call the Fullerton Police Department at (714) 738-6800 or file the report in person at the Front Desk. The hours of operation are from Monday thru Friday 8:00am-6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am-1:00pm.
How to Call the Police & What to Say
When you call the Fullerton Police Department and request a police officer, you will be asked a series of questions by a police dispatcher. These questions are designed to insure a more effective response. Try to remain calm and answer the questions as best you can. Some of the questions you might be asked follow:
- What are you calling to report?
- Are you calling to report a crime?
- Are you calling to report a traffic accident?
- Are you calling to report a disturbance?
- Are you calling to report a suspicious activity?
- What is the location?
- Exact address, including street number and/or apartment number.
- What telephone number are you calling from?
- Are there any suspicious persons?
- What is their description?
- Do they have a weapon? What kind? (Rifle, gun, knife, etc)
- Do they have a vehicle? Make, model, color and license plate.
- If they left, what direction did they go?
- Suspect Description – How many?
- Physical Description of involved parties including sex, Age, Race, Height, Weight, and clothing descriptions.
- Do you want the Police to contact you?
Remember: Although it seems like a lot of questions, an Officer is being sent to your address while you are talking to the Dispatcher. Try to remain calm and do not hang up until the Police have arrived, or you have been instructed to do so by the Dispatcher. Wait for the Police.
For suspicious circumstances or crimes that occurred when you were not present and the suspects are already gone, please call (714) 738-6800 or (714) 738-6715.