Booking is the process by which the Police Department registers and enters charges against a person believed to have violated the law. The process of booking includes:
- Recording of the inmate’s personal information and description,
- Photographing the arrestee (also known as Mug shot),
- Fingerprinting the arrestee,
- Department of Justice records check,
- Personal property and money will be taken from the inmate and booked into their property,
- Inmates are asked a series of medical questions to evaluate their physical and mental health, v The jailer conducting the booking process, provides the inmate with a list of facility rules and items available to the inmate,
- The inmate will be allowed to make telephone calls in accordance with California Penal Code Section 851.1.
Any questions regarding the booking process can be answered by calling the Fullerton Police Department Jail at (714) 738-6722.